Five Fictional Female Characters That Can Inspire You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

In the spirit of Women’s History Month, I have decided to create a list of five fictional female characters. Even fictional characters can inspire and be great role models for us! Here are some of my personal favorites that I think everyone should know about.

1. Daenerys Targaryen

Daenerys Targaryen is a fan-favorite female character in the HBO series Game of Thrones that completely dominated the television show. I’ll let you watch for yourself, but all you need to know is that Daenerys is a symbol of female strength and resilience in the male-dominated world of Westeros. Oh, she also has three dragons. I warn you that Game Of Thrones is very explicit and has content that can be disturbing at times, but the female characters are completely worth it.

2. Leslie Knope

If you are unfamiliar with Parks and Recreation you are seriously missing out on an amazing show. Leslie Knope works in the Parks and Recreation Department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. She cares about the government and people around her, with a top-notch work ethic that is inspiring in itself. She is an amazing character to watch and take real-life advice from.

3. Donna Meagle

I’m adding another female character from Parks and Recreation because they are seriously iconic. Donna Meagle also works in the Parks and Recreation Department and coined the popular catchphrase I am sure you all know about- “Treat yo’self.” She loves the finer things in life and takes pride in knowing her self-worth. If there is anyone I would love to hang out with, it is definitely Donna Meagle.

4. Any Female in A League of Their Own

If you are unfamiliar with this movie, I am telling you to go watch it right now. A League of Their Own tells the story of an all-female baseball league trying to fight against stereotypes and misogyny. The characters are real and crude, showing what it was like to be a woman in the male-dominated field of baseball. It is also heart-warming and tells the story of friendship, while also ending up being one of your favorite movies.

5. Lara Croft

You may not be familiar with Lara Croft unless you are into video games or Angelina Jolie movies, but I have been obsessed with this character since I was young. Lara Croft is an archaeologist who travels the world and explores ancient ruins in search of treasure and uncovering secrets. Her journeys are harrowing and involve multiple instances of danger, but she does not shy away.

Ameera Ozzie is currently a senior attending the University of Texas at Austin. She is a Public Relations major who enjoys learning about all things social media-related and keeping up with entertainment news. With dreams and aspirations of working with high-fashion companies on their Public Relations teams, Ameera hopes to make an impact on the world no matter what she is doing.