Guy Red Guitar Plants Outside Bench Summer
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Matthew (call me, please) McConaughey is arguably one the most famous Longhorns to date, but did you know there are several other famous people that have come UT? Here are some other notable Longhorns to check out!

Neil deGrasse Tyson

That’s right! The coolest scientist ever attended UT for his masters degree in Astronomy.

Farrah Fawcett

Beautiful Farrah attended UT Austin starting as a microbiology major. Eventually she left and become a Hollywood starlet.

Felicia Day

Felicia Day is accomplished violinist who attended UT double majoring in math and music performance. She’s been in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, and so much more.

Janis Joplin

Infamous musician Janis Joplin attended the University of Texas

Jayne Mansfield

Pin up Jayne attended UT Austin studying drama. Sadly, Jayne passed away at the young age of 34 due to a fatal car accident.

Rip Torn

Actor Rip Torn also attended UT Austin with Jayne Mansfield. You probably know him best from Men in Black and Dodgeball.

The Duplass Brothers

The Duplass brothers own a production company and Mark (as seen on the right) has been in several TV series including FX’s The League.

Mary Lou Retton

Mary Lou was the first non-European woman to win the gold medal in the Women’s All-Around at the 1984 Olympics.

Jon Hamm

Speaking of beautiful, Jon Hamm attended the University of Texas as well! Before he was famous he was involved in Fraternity hazing incident, however.

Other notable Longhorns include Owen Wilson, Renee Zellweger, the CEO of Southwest Airlines, Gary Kelly, Michael Dell, Former First Lady Laura Bush and her daughter Jenna, the CEO of Heinz, William R. Johnson, Austin Ligon who is the co-founder and former CEO of Carmax and of course, many many more!

Mandy Burt

Texas '21

Mandy is a senior studying at the Moody College of Communication.