This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I dream all year of the chilly days in the fall, and still, somehow all we get is sun. This weather always disappoints me here in Texas. It starts off cool in the morning and I get so excited to dress cozy, but by the afternoon, I’m wishing I wore shorts and a tank top. I still LOVE to dress up for fall, though. I just had to learn how to incorporate those cute pieces without wearing too much in this heat!

• Cardigans

Layering here in Texas is so important! Like I said earlier, the cool weather doesn’t last long, and by mid-day, I’m ready to go home and change. When I wear cardigans, I’ll wear a cute short-sleeved shirt under, and when the temperature rises, I can just take the cardigan off.

• Skorts

Skorts remind me of my childhood, but they’ve surprisingly made a come-back in my closet. They’re so easy to wear and I don’t have to worry about the wind or my skirt getting caught in my backpack and showing everything lol. I bought some cute skorts with different patterns and they make my life so much easier.

• Jeans

Let me start off by saying, I’m not the biggest fan of jeans. As a girl with thighs and a butt, jeans that I love are hard to find, but they also make fall outfits cute and easy! I have a few pairs that I like and I’m able to just throw on a cute shirt (maybe a cardigan) and some jeans and I’m ready for the day.

• Leggings

Easy. Comfy. Stretchy. That’s all I have to say about that.

• Cropped Tanks

Different styles and cuts of tank tops have saved my wardrobe. I’ve really been into one-shoulder tops recently and they can easily be the statement piece of the outfit. For this fall, I bought some neutral-colored ones to pair with cardigans and sweaters.

Hey! I'm Gabriella and I'm a senior at UT majoring in psychology, minoring in sociology and pursuing a certificate in forensic sciences. I'm excited for all that this last year brings and I can't wait to write about all my adventures! <3