Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television
Style > Fashion

Fall in Love with These Essential Clothing Pieces

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s that time of the year! The temperature has finally dropped below the 100’s, which in Texas means that fall has officially arrived!

Here are some essential fall pieces that you may already have in your closet, and how to style them: 

1. Mini Skirts 

These closet essentials can smoothly transition into the colder temperatures when styled with tights, and are trending in plaid prints as well as a classic black. 

1. Denim Jacket

These are great for layering with sweaters, graphic t-shirts, and turtlenecks. If you want to go for a classic look, good old denim blue does the trick, but if you want to take your outfit to another level, experiment with different colors and textures such as corduroy!

1. Platform Boots

A good pair of boots always screams fall, but platform boots take outfits to another level. To soften the edge, style with a long pair of knit socks, possibly with a lace edge. 

1. Flare Pants

Make a statement by incorporating flare pants into your outfit! A pair of light wash jeans, plaid printed, or even leather can make your pants the focal point of your fit. Style with a statement belt, and pair with a neutral turtle neck, for a put-together look.

1. Oversized sweaters

Yes, contrary to popular belief, you can look cute while dressing comfortably! Style sweaters with your comfy leggings, yoga pants, or distressed jeans. Whether it’s your partner’s sweatshirt (or not), overpriced collegiate merch, or your favorite thrifted sweater, you can style it any way you want!

For more inspiration, check out Pinterest, and tag us in your fall fits!

Hey y'all! My name is Priya and I am a sophomore biology major at the University of Texas at Austin!