Style > Fashion

Easy Last Minute Halloween Costumes For My Procrastinating Girlies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you’re anything like me, and Halloween seems to have sneaked up around the corner and suddenly you can’t think of any costume idea, I got you. This genuinely happens to me every year, and every year I promise myself I will not leave it until the last minute, but I do. Despite my procrastination, I always manage to slay, so here are a couple of last-minute costume ideas that you should be able to recreate from your closet, or at least without breaking the bank.

• Cupid

For Cupid, you could wear an all-white look, a lace outfit would be slay, white stockings, and red accessories. For example red ribbon bows in your hair, maybe around your neck as a choker, or even on your thigh. For the makeup, definitely a red lip, and a white waterline to complement the white look and emphasize the eyes. A cute little twist is red kisses as blush, HOW CUTE. If you have time, some red wings and a bow/arrow (which could be found on Amazon) should tie this look together. I think this is such a cute idea and you can definitely make it your own. 

• Barbie

This is a given as it is the year of Barbie. For this outfit anything pink, all pink! For shoes some cute platform heels or boots. White eyeliner on the waterline will also add to that wide-eye doll look. Again you can make it your own, but as long as it’s pink it will give Barbie.

• Wednesday Addams

This one is for my black-haired girlies! For this, you will need a black anything honestly. You can do a dress or a two-piece with a long-sleeved black top. Under the blacktop is a white-collar shirt. Put your hair in braids, add a dark lip, and winged eyeliner and you’re Wednesday Addams. Again, this is such an iconic character that you can truly make it your own, mixing the white and black, etc.

• Violet Beauregarde

This one is so cute and so easy. All you need is a blue anything honestly, you can make it as sexy as you want or be more on the comfy side and use a blue tracksuit sweater like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Then all you need to do is add purple eyeshadow or paint on your nose. If you want to go all out, maybe a short blond wig and you’re done! Bonus point if you chew gum all night.

• Trinity the Matrix

If you’re anything like me, I know you have a closet full of black clothes. Choose a black top and bottom, any really. Sleek back your hair, add some black sunglasses, some black boots, and a black leather jacket or coat and you’re part of the matrix girl.

• Princess Peach

Inspired by the release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie earlier this year, Princess Peach! For a last minute any pink dress should work, some white tights or stockings, some long white gloves, and a crow! This is definitely more for the blonde girlies, but you could also find a blonde wing to tie the outfit together.

• Olivia Pendergast Easy A

This is an oldie, but a goodie. For this you’ll need literally just black pants, but if you want to spice it up of course a mini black skirt would work as well. Add on a black corset for the top, some black sunglasses, and a red A on your chest and you’re ready to go!

• Jigsaw

This might genuinely be the easiest costume of them all. All you need is any black outfit, a dress for a girlier look, a red bow tie, black tights, and some red paint. Use the rain paint to draw spirals on your cheeks and you’re done. If you want to complicate it a bit more, instead of a simple black outfit, you could do a white top, black bottoms, and for bonus points, a black blazer.

Hello! My name is Karla Rojas and I am a Sophomore majoring in Government at the University of Texas at Austin. I love fashion, politics, and would love to think I am a comedian.