This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

We’ve all been there. We want new makeup, but don’t want to spend our life savings on a new palette or foundation. I’ve been browsing around Wal-Mart and Target, and here’s what I’ve found that’s actually worth it for my combo skin. I’m more of a medium-to-full coverage wearer, and I love to beat my face. These are perfect for whatever Fall weather Texas is ready to throw at us. 

Profusion Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palettes

These are SUPER pigmented. I own two of the 35 shade palettes, and they’re my literal go-to’s. Each palette is around $13. 

e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer

I use this before I ever wear any makeup. I even use it without foundation, sometimes. It’s perfect and covers up my pores so well. It’s hydrating and allows for a fantastic application of foundation. One bottle is $6. 

L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

I’ve worn so many high-end mascaras, but I always go back to this one. It’s dark and lengthening and does wonders on my non-existent baby lashes. One mascara is $10, and they sell a two-pack for $16. 

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation

This is a more full-coverage foundation. It isn’t too thick, but it covers everything. It’s super long-lasting and has such a beautiful finish on the skin. It’s around $9. 

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent 

I don’t use too much of this, considering it can and will dry out my makeup. It is a must-have, though, to clean up my bronzer and contour. It’s so cheap and lasts so long. It’s around $7. 

KISS Lash Couture Lashes & Lash Glue

My favorite drugstore lashes ever! They’re suitable for around 5-7 uses if taken care of properly. One pair is about $6, and they’re worth every penny. The KISS Strip Lash Adhesive is also a must-have for $5. It’s a lifesaver for lash wearers, and I keep a tube in my purse at all times. 

Hey! I'm Gabriella and I'm a senior at UT majoring in psychology, minoring in sociology and pursuing a certificate in forensic sciences. I'm excited for all that this last year brings and I can't wait to write about all my adventures! <3
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!