Life > Academics

Did You Know You Can Get Free Lyft Rides From Campus At Night?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

For many students, getting around campus at night can be a daunting task. Whether you’re walking home from a late class or heading out for a night on the town, safety is always a concern. That’s why the University of Texas at Austin has partnered with Lyft to provide a safe and reliable transportation option for students – the Night Rides program!

Night Rides is a free transportation service that aims to provide safe and secure rides to UT Austin affiliates who are traveling home from campus at night. This program runs 7 days a week from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. Simply sign up for a Lyft account using your university email and you’ll be sent an activation link for free ride credits.

These credits can only be used on rides that originate from campus and end in designated areas. These dropoff areas align with current UT shuttle routes and include neighborhoods such as West Campus, Far West, Lake Austin, North Riverside, Lake Shore, Crossing Place, and Intramural Fields.

Be sure to have your Lyft ride set in Shared or Personal Mode to apply for the credits. You should be good to go from there! Find out more information at https://parking.utexas.edu/ut-night-rides.

Vanna Chen

Texas '23

Senior Computer Science Major Sleepy, Funny, Addicted to Kombucha