This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

After weeks of getting used to college classes, college people, and college parties, a realization hits you like a brick: Hell Week is real, and you have four tests to study for. This isn’t high school anymore, ladies. Hell Week occurs about three times a semester culminating in Dead Days—when all of campus descends upon the PCL and doesn’t leave…and doesn’t leave any outlets for you.
But you don’t have to brave the prison-like walls of the PCL. You don’t have to sit around your dorm room with the temptation of Grey’s Anatomy two feet away at all times either. In talking to several of my friends, I have found a bunch of exciting places to study that don’t require you to wander aimlessly through the maze of PCL stacks in the vain hope of finding a wall plug.

• One of my sorority sisters loves to study either at the house or at the Starbucks on 24th. Located right off of campus, it boasts a nice-sized outdoor patio as well as a comfortable indoor seating area and a HUGE table to spread out your books.
  • Another one of my sisters likes to spread out at her apartment. That way she can drink as much coffee as she wants free of charge!
  • On nice days, my roommate likes to take a blanket to the lawn of the Capitol building. She loves the beautiful surroundings as well as the white noise that the people of Austin provide.
  • I, myself, love the atmosphere at Austin Java. At a little table right by the window, I can use an outlet and still be close enough to take advantage of the $2.99 Bottomless Coffee Cup. The people there are an eclectic mix and nearly everyone is working on something. Everyone is so friendly and warm; that, coupled with a great playlist playing over the speakers, makes for an incredible place to do my homework!

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.