Christian Smith, 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Christian L. Smith

Year: Class of 2015

Major: Government
Hometown: Dallas
Relationship Status: Single
Hobbies: Community service and organizing, political activism, exercise, movie watching, camping, and making good conversation.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in on and off campus?
I am involved in the League of United Latin American Citizens, the University Democrats, Lions Club, and Acts of Kindness.

Name one thing that most people don’t expect from you when they see you:
There is a playfulness and energy about me that is usually overshadowed by my professional manner.

What is your theme song?
It is hard to say, really. I would guess that it is a theme involving lots of string instruments, drums, and a choir. Whatever sounds impressive coming into a room.

What type of music do you like to listen to?
Classical, Hip Hop, R&B, Latin (usually jazz, salsa, and reggaeton), and Jazz.

What do you look for in a mate?
A strong sense of purpose that syncs with my own, a love for human life and a desire to improve mankind, interest or knowledge in politics, a passion for self-improvement, a kind heart, and a fascination with learning anything, and a worldliness about her.

What’s your best feature?
My romantic perspective on most of all things: from relationships, to politics, to the ideals of mankind.
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Vulgarity and a lack of organization in life.

What are your plans after graduation?
Like most in my major, I plan on going to law school. My purpose for this is to equip myself for a political career. As an end to that, I seek to be involved in international
relations and my goal is to run for a position in the U.S. Congress.

What is your ultimate goal in life?
I have wanted to become the President of the United States since I was little, and I have not changed that aspiration going into college. I intend to see my ambitions through.

What else should people know about you?
I am more than just my politics. I have a strong sense of honor and commitment to my friends and family, and my passions are what define me. I don’t give up on the things a commit to and I don’t break promises if I can help it.

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.