This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If your social media feeds haven’t already informed you, the gift-giving season is just around the corner! And I don’t know about you, but as a college student, I’m on a fairly tight budget. Below, I’ve created a list of some of my favorite gift ideas (like Oprah) that won’t break the bank (unlike Oprah)! 

Austin, TX Gifts (starting at $8.00)

We all know Austin is one of the coolest places on the planet; why not share some of our coolness in the form of a coaster or cutting board? 

Skinny Waterbottle (starting at $9)

I imagine many of your loved ones already have a water bottle, but this one comes in really cute designs like glitter or floral and fits inside of smaller spaces! This item is great for those outdoor festivals and feels and looks more expensive than it is! 

Budget Gift Baskets (starting at a few bucks!)

The Dollar Tree, Five Below, Target bargain bins, and even HEB can help you put together some affordable gift baskets! Suggestions include but are not limited to:

• Texas foods

• Movie snacks

• Spicy treats

• Pasta night

• Snack attack

• And more!!!

Candle (starting at $1)

I know this may seem like a cop-out type of gift, but they’re often well received! The nice thing is, you can purchase a basic candle and decorate it with a little hot glue and some holiday ribbon to spruce it up or go the full monty and make something from scratch!

Socks (starting at $1)

Many of you are probably familiar with Target and there amazing selection of… well, everything! They also have a TON of fun socks that fit a variety of personalities! In the cold months, socks can be a really fun gift that helps promote comfort and warmth! Of course, Target isn’t the only place with fun socks! 

DIY Gifts ON CAMPUS (Starting at FREE)

Have you guys checked out The Foundry? There are sewing machines, 3D printers (invented at UT!!!), and so many really innovative items where you can create unique one-of-a-kind gifts! Some of the items include the supplies so you can create gifts for FREE! 

Mandy Burt

Texas '21

Mandy is a senior studying at the Moody College of Communication.
Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.