Life > Experiences

Best places in austin to get into the holiday spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With the weather cooling down and the holidays coming near, these are the best places to spread your holiday cheer!

Mozart’s

Mozart’s Coffee Roasters is the perfect place to get a hot chocolate, sit down with your friends or family, and enjoy spending time together near the lake. They even put on a phenomenal light show with music and storytelling. Their engaging atmosphere provides the perfect place to celebrate or even spark a holiday flame with your boo!

Ballet Austin

Do you love the theatre and the traditional story of “The Nutcracker”? Look no further than Ballet Austin! A dazzling spectacle, this is the best place to get dressed up, watch a live show, and enchant yourself with the gift of Clara and her nutcracker.

Peppermint Parkway

Are you looking for something a little more on the go? Peppermint Parkway has a shimmering light display that you can drive-thru! From the comfort of your car, you can pile in and enjoy the amazing lights that dance along to familiar carols. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of Santa!

Lala’s little nugget

If you’re a Christmas fanatic and love a night out, this is the place for you! Lala’s Little Nugget celebrates Christmas year-round with decorations and holiday-themed cocktails. As the tale goes, the original owner put their Christmas decorations up and never took them down.

Alamo drafthouse

This is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays with your family. Alamo Drafthouse hosts several different themed movie screenings during the holidays! A fan favorite is the Elf Pub Run, where you can sip egg nog or just enjoy the Christmas classic.

Austin, TX has so many places to get into the holiday spirit. Tried and true, these are the best activities to get the peppermint barking and the carols singing!

A junior at The University of Texas earning a BSA in Biology with a minor in Health Communications, Teslyn spends her free time working in philanthropy and loves hanging out with her Alpha Phi sisters. Writing had a significant impact on her life growing up as a way for Teslyn to inspire, empower, and learn. She hopes to one-day break barriers in expectations as a Filipina woman.