This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Papers, tests and projects—Oh my! We’re all there right now: suffering through the last stretch of finals. It’s all in the name of a good degree, right? Well, it’s stressing us out. If you too are feeling flustered and crazed, put down that phone — don’t call Tiff’s—here are great ways to beat that stress without gaining pounds!

Go for a run (or any other kind of exercise)
Yeah, going to the gym sounds like the last thing you’d want to pack into your busy schedule, but, speaking from experience, a 30 minute workout is the perfect way to de-stress. It allows you to get your mind off of whatever is stressing you out. A good workout also gives you an endorphin high that will help get you through a tough study session smiling.

Take a break
This might seem counter-productive, but it has been proven that taking short ten-minute breaks every hour of studying allows you to focus better when you return to your task. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites should be off-limits though—it’s too easy to get sucked into whatever drama those girls from your high school are having, or those seven tweets your crush sent that may or may not have to do with you. Instead, call your mom or grab a snack. That little break will re-energize your studies and allow you to break the monotony of staring at your computer for the fifteenth hour.

Spend time with friends
Expanding on the “take a break” idea, call up a few of your friends (who will also probably need a break) and hang out for an hour. You’ll be surprised at how refreshed you feel about your studies after getting a cup of coffee with a good friend. This gets your mind off of your work for a little bit, just like exercise, and allows you to focus on something completely unrelated to school, at least for a little while.

Eat healthy and get sleep
This will also be a no-brainer, but passing up those late-night Tiff’s or Domino’s runs will allow you to feel more on top of the end-of-semester stresses. Plan to knock off an hour or two earlier than you would want to because, truthfully, you will probably be more productive sleeping for those extra minutes rather than surfing Facebook in your exhaustion-induced stupor. Plus, eating healthy and getting those extra zzz’s is a great way to prep for your post-finals bikini bod!

I promise, if you follow these tips, you’ll be able to manage the stress of final exams, papers and presentations with grace and ease. 

Photos:
Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.