This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Austin, Texas boasts some of the most interesting and eclectic art pieces in such everyday settings. The art scene in Austin is not limited to museums or posh party scenes; it can be anyway and tends to be everywhere. As shown in the above picture, these run-ins with art range from pieces given to the university by renowned artists (the Clock Knot installation by Di Suvero*) to guerilla art stuck precariously around campus by mysterious sources. If you have time before summer break, be sure to check out all the art—campus and Austin—have to offer, you will not be disappointed.

Here are some fun and artistic ideas to get you started:

• Visit the Blanton Museum—free to all UT Students/Staff/Faculty and Thursdays at the museum are free to the public. For more information, click here.
  • Go on your own “Guerilla Art Tour”—if you love modern and graffiti art check out this article by Nanette telling you about her East Austin art adventure at Rock ‘N’Realty.
  • You can find more out about the Di Suvero statue currently installed in front of the Mechanical Engineering building at this site.
Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.