This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
Gemini rIGHTS (2022) BY STEVE LACY

Hear me out, liking pop music isn’t a crime; especially when the record is brilliant! This album was MY album of the year, and I still have it on repeat.

oDESSEY AND ORACLE (1968) BY THE ZOMBIES

I’m a huge fan of oldies records and bands, but this happens to be my favorite at the moment. The Zombies are the time capsule of the 1960s.

I WANT YOU (1976) BY MARVIN GAYE

It’s time to get down and boogie! I listen to this when I’m in need of a dance session. It’s such a sensual and passionate record.

Either/OR (1997) BY ELLIOTT SMITH

This is my sad girl comfort album because it’s trusted and treasured. Smith’s guitar puts me to sleep and scares off the sorrows.

TELL ME THAT IT’S OVER (2022) BY wALLOWS

For when I want to feel like the main character in a coming-of-age indie movie. Maybe one day I will be!

Justice Morris (she/her) is a second-year history and Mexican American Latino Studies double major at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also pursuing a Core Texts and Ideas certificate. Justice is a passionate writer; she enjoys sharing her thoughts on the arts, life as a college student, and her cultural experiences as a Chicana woman. You can find more of her work in The Liberator, the official publication of the College of Liberal Arts.