Style > Beauty

A Summer Makeup Routine That Won’t Melt Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Summer is approaching, and while it’s my favorite season because of the sunshine and fruity beverages, I can acknowledge how hard it is to wear makeup comfortably in the heat and humidity. For the past three years I have been searching high and low for a long-lasting, simple makeup routine to implement when the weather gets warmer so you don’t have to. These products are sure to keep you looking fresh and sunkissed for all of your summer adventures. 

1. Elf Power Grip Primer

Some say it’s a dupe for the Milk Hydrogrip primer, some say it’s better. The sticky formula of this primer will grip your makeup onto your face and keep it there all day, even in 80% humidity. 

1. Indeed Bronzing Drops

Once again, another dupe. These bronzing drops are comparable to the Drunk Elephant ones that retail for almost $40. Mixing these with your SPF moisturizer before makeup gives you an all-over glow and matches your face to your body. 

1. Glossier Futuredew 

I love wearing this on days that I don’t want to wear a lot of makeup, but want to look glowy and alive. One pump wakes your skin up and gives you a dewy appearance without feeling heavy. It also has four nurturing oils for an added skincare element. 

1. Valentino 24- Hour Wear Hydrating Concealer

I know this one is pricey, but I love that it doesn’t dry my under eyes out, but isn’t too creamy that it separates easily. The fact that it isn’t full coverage also gives the cleanest “I woke up like this” look. 

1. Huda Beauty GloWish Powder 

This powder perfectly sets my under eyes while looking like skin. No dry, cakey eyes here. 

1. Elf Putty Blush

This super creamy, super cheap blush goes on pigmented, but blends out beautifully. “Bora Bora” is my favorite shade and the perfect hot pink for summer. 

1. Tarte Tubing Mascara 

The worst thing ever is looking in the mirror and having mascara smudged around your eyes. This tubing mascara is removed with water, not oil, so it’s perfect for humid days and oily skin. 

1. Evian Thermal Spray

Not only does this melt any powders into your skin, but it feels amazing on a hot day. It also comes in a huge bottle that will last for months for a low price. 

Hi! I'm Katie and I'm a junior psychology major here at UT Austin. I love reading, self care and my cat, Cleo!