This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Dear College Girls,

Let’s talk about stuffed animals. Yes, those cuddly animals that may have once filled our childhood bedrooms with warmth and comfort. You might think they’re just memories of our past, but for many of us, our love for stuffed animals transcends age and time. They’re not just toys; they’re cherished companions, silent confidants, and sources of endless comfort and joy.

For some, the bond with stuffed animals begins in early childhood, when a fluffy friend becomes a constant presence in our lives. Whether it’s a teddy bear passed down from generation to generation or a quirky creature we picked out at the toy store, these stuffed animals quickly become more than just toys. They become symbols of security, companionship, and imagination.

As we grow older and transition into college life, our stuffed animals may find themselves tucked away in boxes or relegated to the corner of our dorm rooms. But even as we navigate the challenges of adulthood, the love for our stuffed animals remains steadfast. In moments of stress or loneliness, there’s nothing quite like snuggling up with a familiar plush friend to provide a sense of comfort and reassurance.

During moments of stress or anxiety, snuggling up with my favorite stuffed animal instantly soothes my soul, transporting me to a place of calm and serenity. Their presence reminds me that I am never truly alone, that there’s always a soft shoulder to lean on and a friendly face to brighten my day.

They remind us of simpler times, when the weight of the world didn’t rest on our shoulders, and our biggest worry was which stuffed animal to bring on a family road trip. In a fast-paced and often chaotic world, stuffed animals offer a refuge of tranquility and innocence. Each plush friend is a living testament to the adventures we’ve shared, from impromptu tea parties to daring rescues from imaginary monsters. They hold within them the laughter of childhood, the innocence of youth, and the boundless imagination of dreams yet to be realized.

In a society that often dismisses the importance of softness and vulnerability, my love for stuffed animals serves as a gentle reminder of the beauty in embracing my emotions and nurturing my inner self. They teach me valuable lessons about empathy, compassion, and unconditional love. 

So, to all the college girls who still hold a special place in their hearts for stuffed animals, I say this: Embrace your love without shame. Surround yourself with the warmth and comfort they provide. Allow yourself to be transported back to a time when life was a little simpler and a little sweeter. And remember, there’s no shame in finding solace in the arms of a beloved stuffed friend.

With love and cuddles,

Dajaiya 

Hi I'm Dajaiya I also go by DJ. I am UT 26 so I'm a freshman yayy. I enjoy writing short stories, spoken word, and empowering messages. I aspire to inspire others and change the world for the better. IG: @_.mulann._