7 Things To Get You Through Your Freezing Morning Walk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

At some point in college, you will have a class before 11am and unfortunately, during Texas winters, that means colder than usual. It’s hard enough to get out of bed, but it’s even harder when you know you have to face wind chill and frozen fingertips. No need to worry, I got you covered with 7 essentials to make your early walk almost enjoyable.

1. Starbucks

There’s no better way to start the day than with a hot coffee. Whether you’re a grande mocha, tall green tea or venti chai, wrap your cold hands around a hot drink and it will warm you right up.

2. Uggs

So maybe Uggs went out of style back in 9th grade, but in this case they’re back in. Stick with the short classics in a simple color (so not to draw attention.) Trust me, your feet will thank you.

3. Puffy vest

A nice puffy vest is the perfect layer to go over any sweatshirt. The best part is when you get inside and the heat is blasting, you don’t have to deal with a bulky overcoat.

4. Headphones

We listen to the radio in the car when we’re on our way somewhere, so we are obligated to do the same when we walk, right? Put on some Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith to ease you into the morning and their smooth voices will make you feel warm inside.

5. Fuzzy Socks

We all know your head and feet are the coldest parts of your body. Another perk of wearing Uggs, nobody can see your socks! So grab the fuzziest pair and keep those toes toasty!

6. Warm Muffin

You have to eat breakfast before class. When you’re on the go, a steamy hot muffin is easy to eat on the road and it will fill you up with warmth.

7. Find a Friend

These walks can feel endless if you take them alone. Find a friend in your class and pick a spot to meet up so you can walk together! Having someone to chat with will definitely make that dreaded trek seem much shorter.