This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I have to start off by saying, like most other girls out there, I am in love with Target. It is absolutely hard for me to stay away from Target and I know that a lot of us girls have this similar infatuation. Target has become such a popular and loved store that there are even memes now! For example, when you go to Target you are probably going for a few specific items or just to look around and have fun. About an hour or two later, you end up finding yourself at the cashier with a total of $186. You frantically try to eliminate some items while the cashier stares at you waiting for your card and your mind is telling you that they are probably judging you right about now. But everything you have in your cart is an absolute must. *Swipe* Sorry dad…

“Wait, did I even get the items that I came here for?”

What makes Target so special? Is it the alluring aisles of beauty products? Is it the simple yet very adorable clothes for affordable prices? Or the jewelry that is located conveniently right by it as well? Or the fact that most Targets will have a Starbucks for you to enjoy while you shop till you drop… out of the family after that credit card bill? 

Besides going for fun, some items have consistently drawn me to the store very frequently and some of you might not even know how much of a must these items really are.

Face Masks

Target is the absolute queen of face masks that are not only easy to apply and very affordable but also very effective. Do not waste your money trying to find the most expensive brands of face masks in hopes of it actually treating your acne and skin texture and glow. I have seen absolutely remarkable results by using the “Que Bella” face masks in the beauty aisles. Each packet is about $2-$2.50 and lasts for two uses. My personal favorite for acne treatment is the “Que Bella Professional Charcoal Mud” in the blue packet. This brand has multiple face masks that have different purposes such as nourishing, cleansing, detoxifying, and brightening. 

Pajamas

I cannot count the number of times that my best friend and I have bought matching Target pajamas. They have absolutely the cutest matching sets that range in various designs and are bound to steal your heart. These pajamas are not only pleasing to the eyes either; they are so soft and comfortable and will become your go to nightwear every night. These generally range from about $15-$30 for the matching sets.

Socks

Bralettes

Thayers Witch Hazel

You have probably heard the recent excited comments about this toner from your friends. Suddenly, many people were constantly telling me, “Suzan, you have to try this. I am so serious.” I kept thinking that it would probably not work on my face or that the chances are low that it will have any impact. Finally, I got myself to try the Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Mist, and I got the Rose one which had a very pleasant scent to me. After a few days, I was amazed on how refreshed and clear my skin felt and even looked. The spray makes application super easy. I would spray once or twice in the mornings and especially at night before sleeping, preferably after showering. This brand is alcohol-free and very hydrating with a wonderful smell. The cost is usually around $11.

Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Every single girl absolutely needs this lipstick! Application of this lipstick is super smooth as it has moisturizing shea and vitamin E and does not dry your lips out as you would expect from a very long-lasting color lipstick. The lipstick stays on throughout your daily activities and meals. They have a variety of colors and are around $8 each. 

Soft Sweaters

If you are looking for a simple and comfortable sweater that you can wear over and over as your comfort yet adorable outfit, Target is the place to go. I have found myself favoring my Target sweaters over any other ones due to their comfort and flattering style. I can generally find these on sales for about $10-12 when I am lucky. Definitely keep your eyes open for this steal!

Hello! I'm Suzan Mehrabian and currently a senior Sociology major at the University of Texas at Austin. After graduating, I plan on taking a gap year where I want to travel and work somewhere that interests and excites me. After my gap year, I am planning on attending law school. My passion for writing developed as I began writing to express my feelings and let my thoughts and emotions pour out. I found this exercise very therapeutic and I very much so acknowledged the power that writing has.
Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.