Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

6 Bingeable TV Shows for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

My last article was a list of the top 10 books to read to give you all of the fall ~feels~. To continue on with this theme, I am going to curate a list of TV shows that are bound to transport you to the picturesque fall landscape. So, grab a pumpkin spice or chai latte, wrap yourself in a blanket, and get a hold of your TV remote!

1. Gilmore Girls

There is not one bad thing I could say about this show. It is my ultimate comfort TV show of choice. Whenever I feel stressed out, sad, or even unmotivated, I put on a random episode of Gilmore Girls and instantly feel as though I’m being enveloped in a warm hug. This show has it all – friendship, family drama, witty humor, and cute boys. All of these take place with an autumn background (of course!). If you’re looking for a low-maintenance, easy-going show, then look no further. 

Synopsis: The show follows single mother Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter, also named Lorelai but who prefers to be called Rory, living in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. This is a town filled with colorful characters, which is located approximately 30 minutes from Hartford, Connecticut. Ambition, education, and work constitute part of the series’ central concerns, telling Lorelai’s story from pregnant teen runaway and high school dropout to co-owner and manager of the Independence Inn.

1. American Horror Story

This show is not for the faint of heart or easily spooked. But, if you can handle a little horror and eeriness, then this show is a must-watch. I love American Horror Story because each season of the show takes on a new story with a new plot and a new cast of characters. While the show definitely has some horror aspects, it also has fascinating stories and endearing characters. Anyone who watches this show is bound to fall in love with one of its star actors, Evan Peters <3. This show is also perfect for getting in the Halloween spirit.

Synopsis of Season 1: It centers on the Harmon family: Dr. Ben Harmon, Vivien, and their daughter Violet, who move from Boston to Los Angeles after Vivien has a miscarriage and Ben has an affair. They move into a restored mansion, unaware that the ghosts of its former residents and their victims haunt the house.

1. Only Murders in the Building

This show is more of a recent release and not so much of a favorite classic, but nonetheless, I loved it. The show also has elements of drama and mystery as it follows the story of a strange murder that takes place in an NYC apartment building. It has a star-studded cast with Selena Gomez, Martin Short, and Steve Martin. The show has plenty of comedic relief and moments of endearing friendship. I love the show for fall because it takes place in NYC during the fall and winter months. The show has lots of chic and cozy fall fashion to get you in the autumn mood and maybe even give you some outfit inspiration!

Synopsis: Three strangers share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one. When a grisly death occurs inside their exclusive Upper West Side apartment building, the trio suspects murder and employs their precise knowledge of true crime to investigate the truth. Perhaps even more explosive are the lies they tell one another. Soon, the endangered trio comes to realize a killer might be living among them as they race to decipher the mounting clues before it’s too late.

1. One Tree Hill

This show is another of my comfort tv shows from my adolescence.  It is a classic high-school drama that will have you invested in the lives of every single character. There is plenty of romance, drama, friendship, and even some comedy. It is a classic show that I think anybody can enjoy. I love to watch this show in the fall because the characters showcase classic fall looks and outfits but with an early-2000s twist. 

Synopsis: This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens, since living memory coached by old Whitey Durham.

1. The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries is another classic high school drama but with a supernatural twist! The show is filled with a cast of both loveable and hateable characters with an assortment of supernatural abilities. I love to watch this show during this time of year because it takes place in a spooky town with an even spookier history. It is sure to get you pumped up for Halloween and the chilly fall days.

Synopsis: The series is set in the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town charged with supernatural history. It follows the life of Elena Gilbert, a teenage girl who has just lost both parents in a car accident, as she falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore.

1. Mare of Easttown

Mare of Easttown is another more recent show which follows an eerie murder in a suburb of Philidelphia. I loved this show purely for the enticing story. Each episode will have you hanging on the edge of your seat and wondering what will happen next. The show also takes place during a cold and blustery winter so it will have you wanting to cozy up by the fireplace while you watch. 

Synopsis: Kate Winslet plays a mid-age police officer, Mare, in the secluded town of Easttown. Her shot to glory in this town is a miraculous basketball game and an unsolved case that sits like a black blob on her career. She is pretty, but her beauty and personality have withered through the passage of time and circumstances.

Lily Gold

Texas '25

I'm from New Jersey studying International Relations and Pre-Law at UT Austin. I love to read, write, watch scary movies, and cook delicious food! You can also find me playing with dogs, spinning, or doing yoga :)