This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I don’t know about you, but it’s been a long couple of weeks. Between classes, exams, and just life, it’s easy to get caught up in it all. It’s times like these, I stress how important it is to not only take care of yourself but reward yourself too! You deserve it. Here are a few ideas to treat yourself this week whenever you find yourself feeling overwhelmed or deserving of something for just getting through the day.

1. Grab your favorite drink

After a long day, I like to think that I deserve a coffee, smoothie, or boba. It’s like a little reward to myself for whatever I did that day. It’s something small but it really helps lift my spirits after feeling so exhausted.

2. Treat yourself to your favorite food

I have my fair share of favorite food places and restaurants. Although I like to stay on a budget and cook at home, I believe I deserve to get my favorite chicken or some Thai food for the night. Don’t be afraid to buy yourself a nice lunch or dinner.

3. Go shopping

Sometimes it’s hard to shop for myself when I don’t want to spend money, but it’s nice to window shop, and if I end up finding myself something I really like, then I should treat myself! If you decide to splurge a little bit more, go for it! There’s no judgment here.

4. Take yourself on a date

I’ve yet to do something like this, but I’ve seen people take themselves on picnic dates, cafe dates, and whatever they feel like doing. These solo trips sound so fun and are a great example to spend a day with yourself doing the things you like as a reward.

5. watch a movie

Watching movies is one of my top favorite ways to relax and have some me-time. I haven’t done this yet, but ordering takeout or grabbing some ice cream would elevate this so much! Cozy blankets and some throw pillows always make the experience better too. Whether it’s a new movie you haven’t seen or a rewatch of your favorite movie, it’s bound to be a great break to chill out.

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi