5 Things We Learned from Nasim Pedrad’s Comedy Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

University of Texas Campus Events + Entertainment’s Headliners committee brought Iranian American comedic actress, Nasim Predrad, to campus recently and we were lucky enough to be way up front for her show! Here are a few things we learned from the event! 

1. Get to cool campus events like these EARLY.

The line started forming at around 3:00pm for a 7:30pm showtime! 

2. Give a room full of college students a live Twitter feed and things can go from funny to disturbing pretty quickly.

*cringe* We hope that Nasim didn’t see any of the immature posts! 

3. Nasim is EVEN FUNNIER than we thought she was. 

From her honest and heartfelt break up story to her Kim K impression, she had us in tears from our laughter right from the start. 

4. She knows a thing or two about UT.  \m/ 

You look fantastic in burnt orange, Nasim! We wish we could have hung out with you and had some #kerbeyqueso, next time! 

5. Be yourself.

Nasim shared stories about being the first Iranian woman on SNL and how she was surprised about how big of a deal it was. She has paved the way for a lot of funny women to come. Thank you Nasim!     

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.