Style > Fashion

5 Fall Fashion Trends & Whether They’re Worth The Purchase or not

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Fall fashion is officially here and I could not be any more excited! As a fashion girly, I love updating my wardrobe with all the seasons but fall has always been my favorite. If you want to kill it this season, here’s your guide to what’s trending and the staples you’ll need.

1. Loafers

Loafers are a fall must-have. They’re the kind of shoe that never really go out of style but do fluctuate in popularity. For the past two years, they’ve been in season and I’m happy to report the same for this fall. 10/10 recommend you get a pair and you can find some affordable options at H&M, Steve Madden, or Amazon!

2. Crew socks

Not only will these add an extra layer of warmth, but they’ll complement any look by bringing a small also touch of flare! Check out these heart print crew socks on Amazon for an affordable option! They’re my absolute favorite pair and work with almost any outfit! 

3. Leather 

This is another one that needs to be in every single person’s closet. While you can wear leather year-round, the insulated fabric is best for keeping you warm and stylish during the cooler months!

4. Clogs

These are not for me, but maybe they are for you! Celebrities like Rihanna, Kendall Jenner, and Lucy Hale have been spotted rocking the look by styling them in edgy and minimalistic outfits. In my opinion, I see these shoes as more of a trend and not a staple, but if you’re interested in finding a pair, I recommend checking out Nordstrom!

5. Maxi skirts

A maxi skirt is something you can wear year-round making it a closet staple. If you’re interested in styling it up this season I recommend buying one in a neutral or dark color like black, beige, or maroon!

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0