Molly Peach-Blonde Girl And Flowers
Molly Peach-Blonde Girl And Flowers
Molly Peach / Her Campus

5 Activities to Ring in the Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As of March 20th, spring is here, and we are one step closer to beach days and sun rays! With all that spring has to offer, from flowers, to brighter skies, to a feeling of excitement and rejuvenation in the air. However, between school work, jobs, and extracurricular activities, it is easy to get so caught up in your daily life that you forget to relax and celebrate the improving weather.

This spring, I am going to take time out of my schedule to embrace the world around me, and I hope that you will join me! Here are some simple outdoor activities that will help you relax and that won’t suck up hours of your busy week or interfere with your hectic schedule!

Make Sun Tea

Making sun tea is a quick and easy way to enjoy the outdoors without having to physically take the time to go on a walk (if you schedule is super busy). Just place about six teabags into a gallon-sized glass container and place it outside on your deck or in your yard for 3-5 hours! When you come home from work or school, your tea will be toasty from the sun and ready to drink!

Exercise Outdoors

Skip the gym every once in a while, and do your favorite exercise routine outdoors! Love running or walking? Run or walk through your neighborhood or a local park! New to exercising? Join an outdoor exercise class in your area to connect with other people in your community and to breathe in the fresh spring air.

Go For a Float on the Lake

Stop by the closest dollar store or pharmacy and buy a low-cost inner tube, throw on a bathing suit, and find your way to a lake! Just make sure you put your keys and phone somewhere safe when you get into the tube, so that you can put all your stress aside and fully enjoy the warm sun on your face, the cool water between your toes, and the lapping of the waves against your inner tube.

Go For a Picnic

Gather your favorite meal and your significant other or squad, and go enjoy a green space of your choice! It will give you time away from the bustle of your everyday life to talk to the people you care about, breathe in the scent of the blossoming flowers, and relax. Do doubt, you will return to your responsibilities feeling rejuvenated and at peace.

Go For a Coffee and Sit Outdoors

Even if it is a bit chilly, try to drink your coffee or tea outside! It will allow you to breathe some fresh air and soak up some sunshine before you return to your work.

While it is easy to get caught up in your busy and stressful life, doing simple activities outdoors can help you relax and enjoy your time.

Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.
I am a third year English major hoping to become a book editor. I have been writing for HerCampus for one year, and am excited to work as a Co-Editor this year. I love reading and staying home with my cat, Luna.