4 Quick Tips to Change Up Your Makeup Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Tired of doing the same old makeup routine everyday? Looking for some new tips on how to change up your look? Well you have come to the right place to learn just that. These tips are great for any look whether you’re going to 6th Street or just want to try something new.

Tip #1

Apply either liquid eyeliner or an eyeliner pencil; this will help to make your eyes look wider and more awake.

Product recommendations: REVLON® COLORSTAY™ Liquid Liner 

Tip #2 

To create a fresh looking face with a slight glow apply your favorite blush to the apples of your cheeks and then little bit of bronzer right below the blush. The blush will add a glow to your face while the bronzer will help define your cheek bones.

Tip #3 

Use an eye shadow primer. This is a LIFE SAVER! If you have problems with your eye shadow coming off or not staying put I highly recommend trying out an eye shadows primer. This will help to not only keep your eye shadow in one place but to enhance the color of it as well.

Product Recommendations: MAC paint pot, Too Faced Shadow Insurance   

Tip #4 

Looking for a super dramatic eye for going down town or out to a party? This is the look for you! Here are a few simple steps to help you achieve that.

Step 1: Apply a primer

Step 2: Add a bright color to from the corner to the middle of your eyelid

Step 3: Add a neutral/skin color tone color to the crease of your eye

Step 4: Add in a dark color to the crease

Step 5: Blend everything and smooth at the edges

Step 6: Add liquid or pencil eyeliner

Step 7: Apply mascara

Product Recommendations: Naked by Urban Decay Palette, Naked 3 by Urban Decay palette  

University of Texas at Austin Freshman from Ohio
I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.