Style > Beauty

4 Fall Nail Trends I Can’t Stop Obsessing Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Tortoiseshell

Hailey Bieber may own glazed donut nails but Kendall Jenner rules tortoiseshell nails. She’s been seen rocking this design on her IG Story, and as a result, they’ve gone viral all over social media. I personally love them and am heavily considering making them my next set.

Negative space

The cool thing about negative space nails is that it incorporates your natural nails into the art! What’s even cooler is that negative space nails tend to last longer since your natural nail is supposed to show so it doesn’t require refills!

Gold accents

Gold is such a popular color this time of year, so it’s no surprise to see it showing up on our nails! But this season, the trend is to make gold the accent color rather than the main attraction. If you want to try it out, consider painting just one finger gold, or adding small designs/shapes in gold for your next set. 

Matte

I prefer a glossy finish on my nails, but there is just something about a no-shine nail. Matte nails create a smooth, no-shine finish and are perfect for emphasizing bold colors. Since fall is all about darker colors like maroon or black, this is the perfect trend for getting a classy nail look.

Want more?

Check out this Instagram Reel I made highlighting my favorite nail trends this season!

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0