Style > Beauty

4 Affordable Makeup Products You NEED In Your Makeup Bag

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s not a secret that makeup is an essential part of how we express ourselves. From the different contrasts of colors that we put together, unique eyeliner looks, and adding some highlight for a shine, there are some products that are a MUST in all of the looks you create. This article will portray 4 ESSENTIAL and AFFORDABLE makeup products you should have on hand for your day-to-day routine.

• ELF Poreless Putty Primer ($10 at Ulta Beauty)
    • This primer made by e.l.f is the BEST primer I have ever tried. After watching many different makeup platforms use this product as well, I decided I could never go without it. My foundation and concealer is always very light after applying this, and my makeup is good for the entire day when I prime my face with this. There is not a lot needed on the face- it spreads very easily, so this product lasts me for months (this is also depending on how often you apply makeup). Run, don’t walk to buy this!
    • Shop for it HERE.
  • NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Epic Ink Liquid Liner ($8 at Target)
    • This liquid eyeliner is waterproof and dries very fast. This is the kind of eyeliner you can use in your car at the last minute, and it will look AMAZING! The tip of the liner is the perfect shape for using unique eyeliner looks, and it does NOT smudge. 
    • Shop for it HERE.
  • MILANI Strobelight Instant Glow Powder Highlight ($11.99 at Ulta Beauty)
    • This Milani highlight powder is perfect for a shiny finish to your full face. It does not take much to get the skin glowing, it’s perfect for any area of the face, and you don’t have to pack it on! It never fades from my skin after a full day with a full face, and you can always take it on the go!
    • Shop for it HERE.
  • ColourPop Concealer ($9 on ColourPop)
    • This concealer is the BEST concealer I have ever tried before. Applying this is easy with either a beauty blender or brush, and it makes the skin look flawless. It does not oil up the way other concealers have for me, and it does not fade throughout the day. It is perfect for applying before creating eyeshadow looks as well!
    • Shop for it HERE.
Hello! I am a sophomore at the University of Texas at Austin majoring in Psychology, and I love to write. I'm excited to be a part of Her Campus and get involved in the blogs!