Style

3 Reusable Water Bottles to buy – That Aren’t The Annoying Stanley cup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you are like me and you don’t understand the hype behind the Stanley Cup, you are not alone. Its impracticality is often overlooked because of its sleek design and fun color variations. Personally don’t like carrying around a water bottle in my hand. I want something that is out of sight and out of mind. Something that doesn’t leak but also is cute and colorful and, of course, doesn’t have a straw out in the open air getting dirty (gross). So here are five water reusable water bottles to buy instead of the Stanley cup.

1. Brita Insulated Filter Water Bottle 

I’ve had this water bottle for almost a year, which is great! It is spill-proof, easy to clean, and comes in cute colors that can easily be customizable with stickers if that fits your preference. But there are some downsides. I did not clean this bottle enough, and I was probably drinking mold at some point because the straw gets easily dirty if you don’t clean it weekly. And you do need to buy filters for the bottle, and that does add up cost-wise. But overall, it is great at keeping drinks cool and can DEFINITELY survive a few bangs against the wall (I would know)

1. Owala Free-Sip Bottle

PERFECTION. This was my upgrade after my Brita bottle, and it is fantastic! The price is extremely reasonable, and the color variations are super cute. You’ll definitely find something you need. If you aren’t sure if you like straws or taking a large gulp of water– this bottle is for you. The free-sip design has a built-in straw that you can use or take out and drink the bottle normally without sipping. It is super versatile and, for the price, in my opinion, perfect. It keeps my water cold all day, and I definitely appreciate the lock feature, which makes me feel so secure if a spill ever does happen.

1. Yeti Rambler Water Bottle

I have a bunch of friends that have this bottle, and from an outside perspective, it seems amazing. It is a bit on the pricier side, but Yeti is known for the BEST insulation, so I trust it. The bottle has a sleek look and comes in various sizes depending on how much water you’ll need. Another thing I love about this bottle is, for some reason, the handle is super comfortable to hold, and I think that is a bonus. There aren’t many color options, but you can customize the bottle with your initials or whatever floats your boat.

Overall, I recommend you at least buy one of these options instead of the Stanley cup *cough  *cough– the Owala bottle. Remember, trends go by fast, so you might as well get something that won’t be out of style in a few months.

Talisa Treviño is a Junior (2025) Journalism major and Government minor in the Moody College Honors Program at The University of Texas. She is interested in audio storytelling and feature writing. When she has down time her hobbies include watching too much Bravo reality TV shows and playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.