3 Fun and Flattering Swimsuit Trends for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Though this spring semester has been going by relatively quickly, the abysmal temperature and overall dreary weather have probably made you forget what is upon us. It might feel like it, but it’s almost Spring Break ladies! This usually means one thing: bikini season is upon us. If you’re anything like me and have been getting ready for this time of year by eating insane amounts of Tiffs and enjoying every second of it, not to worry. The key to rocking any swimsuit this season is confidence. Work what you’ve got (whether you’re all about that bass or not)! Here are some of the fun and flattering trends to keep you shining just as bright as the sun on your Spring Break getaway.

Retro

The high waist trend isn’t leaving anytime soon and for good reason. With diehard fans like Taylor Swift, the high rise complements a variety of body types.  It provides a little extra coverage without being a one piece. The vintage vibe will make any girl look as chic as humanly possible. Paired with a pair of oversized cat eye sunglasses, you’ll look like you stepped off the pages of a 50s magazine!

Sporty

This look is for the girl who is a minimalist in all walks of life. The high neckline is simple, yet makes a clear, “cool girl” statement. You don’t have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions with this suit. Run, swim, and surf your break away! It’s basically like wearing an incredibly fabulous sports bra all day long. And that just sounds like heaven. Whether you decide to lounge on the beach or do a host of different activities, the sporty swimsuit is an essential beach wardrobe piece.

Neon

Stand out in this striking number! Nothing screams Spring Break more than a neon bikini. It’s bright, fun and eye catching! Basically, it makes your body look like a party. Neon colors tend to be flattering on almost every skin tone, you just need to pick the shade that works best for you. Luckily, there are a plethora of options to choose from. Set yourself apart from the sea (no pun intended) of muted colors at the beach this season!

Hopefully you get the chance to rock every single one of these new trends this Spring Break! Here’s to a sunny and memory filled vacation, all while wearing the perfect swimsuit!

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.