This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The month of January typically feels like a never-ending fever dream, but like everything else that happened last year, 2021 January has been anything but typical. With the pandemic still going on, a new president, and college starting back up again, it is of the UTMOST importance to take time for yourself to envision your goals for the new year. Although it is cliche to some people, I truly believe organizing your goals and putting them in front of yourself every day prevents them from getting lost in the mix. 

So with that being said, grab some old magazines (or go on Pinterest) and your favorite coffee (or tea) and get to work! Pick out photos or quotes that inspire and motivate you to get that dream job or choose the unexpected path. I highly recommend printing the mood board and putting it somewhere you can see it every day or set it as your desktop wallpaper on your computer. Allowing yourself to constantly see it will remind you to meet those goals. While I was making my board I felt like I was putting my dreams out into the universe because I was visualizing them. I set mine as my desktop wallpaper and now every time I’m on my laptop I see it and am reminded about everything I want to accomplish in 2021. It makes you feel empowered and creative plus you get a cool background for anything! 

Having a 2021 mood board ensures to yourself that you’re willing and excited to grow into a new version of yourself. It’s the exact reason why brands and companies begin new cycles with an idea board, to make sure they fulfill those ideas. Turning thoughts into tangible items allows you to be the most successful version of yourself, who wouldn’t want to be that? 

Being creative with your most inner thoughts is the best way to let those thoughts run free.

Hi! I'm studying Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with friends, going on walks, and reading.
Chandler is a senior at UT double majoring in English and Chinese while pursuing a Certificate in Global Management. She currently serves as one of HerCampus Texas' Campus Correspondents and adores live music, dogs, friends, and mindful living ♥