college party safety tips?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
college party safety tips?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
PARAMOUNT PICTURES
Style > Fashion

10 Halloween Costume Ideas for It Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

@svnnhstwrsTikTok video said it best, but concept costumes are way better than characters. I always thought dressing as a character for Halloween could be so slay if executed to perfection (as long as proper homage is given to the character). But with concept costumes, you aim to look like an idea instead of having to compare yourself to a finite and exact character, which no It Girl would ever do.

To my It Girls who are ready to slay the season, and break stereotypical Halloween costume boundaries, here are some killer costumes for you: 

1. Fairy

Instead of TinkerBell, go as a fairy! You’ll have so much more creative freedom and is also a cute idea for a group costume!

2. Witch

Another one perfect for a group! Grab your besties and form the perfect coven together.

3. Goddess

As an It Girl, you’re already a goddess so why not let everyone else know by dressing as one?

4. Sun & Moon

This is perfect for couples or duos! There are so many ways that this can be shown in through costume so get creative with it! 

5. Mermaid

Forget the basic Ariel costume. It’s time to experiment with other colors besides the Little Mermaid’s standard purple+ green combo and try something new.

6. Eve

As in from the iconic biblical tale. You can even make this a couple’s costume if ou can find yourself someone to play Adam (or the serpent if that’s your vibe). 

7. Zodiac Sign

I LOVE the potential for creativity here! Let your inner-self shine through this unique idea.

8. Mother Nature 

Mother Nature is the literal definition of an It Girl. Girl Boss your way through any party as this legendary figure.

9. Nymph

For those who don’t know, a nymph is a mythological spirit of nature inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations. AKA, the It Girls of nature.

10. Queen

The perfect costume for any It Girl. You don’t need to dress up like any queen, real or fiction, other than yourself. Shine bright, bestie.

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0