This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Between balancing school, extracurricular activities, friends, family, and sometimes even a job, college students typically have rather hectic schedules. It’s tough! Sometimes all of these activities tend to just stress you out leaving you to feel like you never have time for yourself– the most important person in this whole equation! Sometimes it is best to just take a step back, do yourself a favor, and relax!

When asking students around campus how they take the time to step back, sophomore Ana Padilla mentioned that between balancing school and being a part of her sorority Alpha Xi Delta, she finds time to relax by listening to music. Mike Chism, also a sophomore, said that he takes a break from school and work by taking the time to hang out with friends.

Relaxing is essential. It allows you to stay healthy both mentally and physically. Stress can do some major damage! So here are five ways you can do to take the time and relax.

Take a bubble bath! There’s nothing better than putting together a warm bubble bath of your favorite scent. It’s also the perfect solution to a long day. Just allow the bath to soak all of your worries away.

Pick up your favorite novel and just read. Even if it’s just for a little bit, it completely allows you to escape reality for a moment. This will work great for the days that you are too stressed out to think.

Treat yourself to a mani pedi. Just head over to Jt Nail Salon by Avenue of the Arts. Their prices are affordable and they give a 10% discount Temple students! Sometimes it’s just best to pamper yourself.

Plug in your headphones and going for a jog. Those endorphins are bound to kick in and having you feeling great in no time! Plus it will allow you to achieve that bathing suit body for summer!

Lastly, if jogging isn’t your thing or it’s too cold to run around campus, head to Temple University Fitness (TUF) on the second floor of Avenue North. There is tons of cardio equipment there as well as fitness classes you can join like Zumba and yoga!

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.