bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Fall just started. You’ve got a Pumpkin Spice Latte in one hand (yum) and a cranberry almond scone in the other. You’re wearing leggings and a big cozy sweater, hanging off one shoulder, with Warby Parker glasses, and you’re listening to Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. Sounds like a perfect fall day, right? You might even go home, throw on fuzzy socks, light that Bath and Body Works cinnamon vanilla candle and cuddle up and watch the Bachelor. But, a month in to this routine, the heavy creamy recipes that also come with the season of fall have kept you from realizing that you’ve gained several pounds. Alright, this is a bit of a dramatic, I realize, BUT fall is definitely a season of (super delicious) rich comfort foods, and let’s be real, Halloween is around the corner and we need to stay looking good. Don’t worry though, here are my top 3 healthy treats to keep you on track during the season of sweaters, stretchy leggings and sweets. 

1. Butternut Squash Soup:

Trader Joe’s butternut squash soup is a much healthier alternative for creamy Mac N’ Cheese when you just need that creamy comfort food. Butternut Squash is actually a power food that is low in fat and high in dietary fiber, making it a heart friendly choice too!

2. Almond Meal Pumpkin Bread:

Change it up and use almond meal or coconut flour in your pumpkin bread instead of regular flour! Almond flour will add a little bit of protein and will keep you fuller longer. Coconut actually helps with weight loss due to its composition of fatty acids. So don’t think you have to ditch your beloved pumpkin bread this fall, just alter your normal recipe slightly!

3. Caffé Misto:

Now, I’m not ever going to advise skipping out on pumpkin spice lattes because it wouldn’t be fall without them. But, with that said, if you are looking for a healthier alternative to a pumpkin spice latte, you should try Starbucks’ Caffé Misto. It’s a regular brewed coffee with steamed milk and topped with cinnamon. Adding up to only 100 calories, it will keep you energized throughout the day without the guilt of having a sugary high calorie coffee.  

No tricks here, just some healthy treats!

Kelsey is a Junior at Texas Christian University. She is actually a transfer and spent the past two years exploring New York City and studying at Fordham University. Now, she is a Journalism Major and is a photographer for Spoon University TCU, is a Kappa Alpha Theta, and is a content writer for Her Campus! She is a lover of all things chocolate, an admirer of Julia Chids, and a big fan of Frank Sinatra. Oh, and her two favorite things include the French language and traveling!
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.