This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Meet Sam Watts, a member of TCU’s Track and Field team!

Name: Sam Watts

Year: Senior

Major: Kinesiology

Hometown: London, England

Relationship status: Single

Q: What made you choose TCU?

A: “TCU has a great sprint program and that was one of the biggest things I was looking for when I was looking at which university I would choose. Also, I had a friend who is also from London that was attending TCU.”

Q: Favorite TCU memory so far?

A: “My favorite memory at TCU so far has to be running the world’s fastest time in the 200m whilst racing for TCU in New Mexico. At that time I actually didn’t realize it was a world best until later that evening when someone called and told me! I didn’t believe it at first and had to look it up online to clarify haha.”

Q: Where is your favorite place in Fort Worth?

A: “Downtown Fort Worth is really great! I’ve only been there once but I had a great time so I definitely want to go back soon!”

Q: What advice would you give to your freshman year self?

A: “Just to continue working hard but to enjoy myself as much as possible because I didn’t realize how fast my time here would fly by! It’s gone so quick I can’t believe I’m already a senior.”

Q: If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?

A: “I’ve always wanted to go to San Diego! I’ve heard great things about it but I’ve never been to Southern California.”

Q: What do you plan to do after graduation?

A: “I plan to pursue a career in track and field professionally. After my career in track and field, I’m not too sure what I would want to do next. I have a few ideas such as opening a sports rehabilitation place or a performance center for athletes, but no concrete plans of what I want to do right now. I just want to see where life takes me.”

Q: What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?

A: “I carried the Olympic torch through my hometown during the London 2012 Olympics!”

Q: What made you choose your major?

A: “My fascination for sport performance. I love running track and I’m always looking for ways to better myself. Kinesiology really is a great way for me to learn a lot more about the body and I’m always finding new ways to improve myself whether it’s from a nutritional or performance standpoint. Also, after my career in track and field is finished I’d love to run an athlete rehabilitation clinic helping elite athletes get back to health.”

Q: What is your ideal first date?

A: “You really can never go wrong with Texas Roadhouse, it’s my favorite place to eat! However, my most ideal first date would just be any situation where both of us feel like we could be ourselves around each other.”

Q: What is the most attractive quality a girl can have?

A: “A great sense of humor is the best thing for me! If a girl can make me laugh that’s always a huge bonus.”

Q: If you wanted to impress a girl, what would you do?

A: “I really don’t think I have a specific way to try to impress someone, but I guess that I always just try to make someone laugh.”

Q: Favorite professional sports team?

A: “Big Tottenham Hotspur fan (English Premier League), however the 49ers come in a close second place.”

Photo courtesy of Sam Watts