How To Transition Your Summer Wardrobe To Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With the summer days behind us and the cold weather gradually creeping in, we may think we’ll have to spend a ton of money to reinvest in a new wardrobe for the fall. However, you don’t need to buy a lot of new clothes, you can easily incorpate items from your summer wardrobe to your new fall outfits! Here are a few easy tips to transition your summer staples to the colder weather.

Layer your maxi dress with long-sleeves Wearing a turtleneck or a simple long sleeve tee underneath a summer maxi offers an excellent way to transition into fall, while still looking chic.

Accessorize denim skirts, summer shorts, and summer dresses with unique tights As seen on the Altuzarra runway at New York Fashion Week, tights with delicate designs can add a touch of femininity to any outfit. Basically, any tights can be used to layer under your favorite summer staples.

Layer off the shoulder tops with turtlenecks on top  This may sound a bit a novel, but layering off-the-shoulder tops with turtlenecks adds a different dimension to the outfit, plus keeping you warm and allowing you to wear the summer staple all year long.

Use oversized cardigans to layer on top of any clothing pieces Since fall is marks the beginning of the colder weather, simply putting on an oversized cardigan over a pair of shorts, pants, or a dress ups the comfort level and keeps you extremely warm.

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!
TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.