Emily Brooks: A Freshman Elementary Special Ed & English Major, and Her Campus Writer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The Basics

Name: Emily Brooks

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Roxbury, New Jersey

Major: Double major in Elementary Special Education and English

Activities/Clubs: Her Campus, Teaching Young Children, Best Buddies, Anti-Violence Initiative

Astrological Sign: Pisces

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Fun Facts

Favorite Quote: “Enjoy the little things in life for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.” -Kurt Vonnegut

Pet Peeve: When people constantly make excuses for themselves.

Celebrity Crush: Harry Styles

Love Life

First thing you noticed about your boyfriend: His sense of humor and his ability to make people laugh.

Your most attractive quality: I’ll always be there for someone when they need me.

Turn-on: When guys are in touch with their emotions.

Turn-off: Arrogance and being ignorant to the world around them.

Perfect Date: Going to the zoo!

Favorites

Song: “Beautiful Crazy” by Luke Combs

Book: The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida

Desert: Cannolis

Just For Fun

Choose a superpower: Invisibility for sure!

Choose three people to have dinner with (dead or alive): Michelle Obama, Donald Trump, and Thomas Rhett.

Favorite class of the semester: My special ed class called “Social and Legal Foundations of Special Education”.

Deirdre is a freshman at The College of New Jersey, majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.