neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Easy Ways To Get Organized Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.
  1. Make Lists and Color Code Them

Making lists of all your to-do’s is a great way to keep track of what you need to get done. Each time you’re done with something, cross it off! This helps motivate you to keep going and get your work done!

2.  Start Early and Focus on Your Weakness

Waiting until the last minute is a horrible idea – it will only cause you stress and make you feel overwhelmed. That’s why making a schedule and starting early will really help with time management. You should also devote your study time to the class you struggle with most to make sure you know your stuff in time for the exam!

3.   Create Your Own Study Guide

Unfortunately the days of teachers handing you an exact copy of the exam to study are over, but making your own study guide is a great way to go over all the material that will be on the exam! Outlining the important information is also very helpful in memorizing.

4. Take Breaks

Finals time is obviously a really stressful time. There is so much information that your brain has to absorb that it can become very overwhelming if you don’t take breaks. You need to recharge in order to keep yourself motivated.

Cover Image Source

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.