Adele in 2015: She’s Back and Better Than Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s no secret that Adele has become a household name every since the release of her first album, 19.  She made her musical debut in 2008 and since then has been stunning people everywhere with her pure and powerful voice.  No matter the musical choice, almost everyone can agree on one thing: Adele.

On October 23, the world basically shut down (and rightfully so) when everyone found out Adele has released a new song.  Since it’s release, the song “Hello” has taken over the internet, with the video on YouTube being watch over a million times per hour, with the video gaining an incredible 50 million views within the first 48 hours of being released.  Not only that, but cover after cover of the song were posted within hours of the music video being put up from people all over the world.  It has even been reported that since the release of the new song, Adele’s album 21 that debuted in 2011 has gone up in popularity by a significant amount. 

Now it’s almost impossible to go on any form of social media without seeing something about Adele.  This isn’t surprising since everyone has been waiting since 2011 for Adele to release new music, aside from the single “Skyfall”.  With her highly anticipated new album 25 set to release on November 20, expectations are high.  Because 21 was such a huge success, everyone is waiting to see what Adele will do next, and so far, it seems like the album has the potential to do even better than 21

The new album is said to be filled with powerful and emotional ballads.  With the newly released track list, fans everywhere are brimming with anticipation and eagerness.  The musical spotlight has shifted to Adele, and it’s safe to say that this year already belongs to her. 

Source:  http://www.nme.com/news/adele/89339

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.