4 Restaurants to Explore Near TCNJ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Throughout the nearby towns surrounding Ewing, there is a myriad of hidden gem cafes and restaurants that serve up great quality food while providing a warm, friendly atmosphere. Since the temperatures are gradually winding down, stop-by these small businesses and indulge in their fine creations.

1.     Dolceria (Princeton, NJ)

Located in Princeton Shopping Center, this eatery offers visitors a taste of Italy with its fresh-made gelato, coffee and cappuccino from Italy, and various Italian desserts. This gelato and coffee bar offers food that is not only fresh, but also has a ton of heart and quirkiness. The layout of this eatery mimics that of an Italian-café with tiny tables and matching chairs. Coming to Dolceria for a quick snack will never disappoint.

2.     Osteria Procaccini (Kingston, NJ)

Nestled in the tiny town of Kingston, NJ, this authentic Italian pizzeria prides itself on making one of the best pies in the state- because of its terra cotta oven pizza. Not only are the pizza combinations different at this café, but the fresh ingredients they use elevate the taste to a whole new level. Having been here multiple times, this pizzeria has the ability to create pizza that is unlike Papa John’s or Domino’s. In fact, their use of fresh ingredients makes this eatery one of the best in the area. Also, they have another location in Pennington, NJ- very close to TCNJ’s campus!

3.     Jammin’ Crepes (Princeton, NJ)

Located in the heart of Downtown Princeton, this crepe café is the perfect spot to get great food, while avoiding the cold weather. Crepes are very thin pancakes that can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients to give unique tastes. Jammin’ crepes not only uses local and fresh ingredients throughout its extensive menu, but also includes choices for non-crepe fanatics such as grilled cheese sandwiches and soups. The crepes offered at this eatery range from savory to sweet, and each category contains a variety of  healthy and natural ingredients.

4.     Agricola (Princeton, NJ)

Rounding off the list is a restaurant known for its use of only locally produced fruits, vegetables and meat to serve to its customers. Despite the pricey nature of some items on the menu, Agricola manages to update its menus every week, surprising not only returning guests, but also pleasing the taste buds of all. Head to this restaurant if you are in the mood for something different!

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!