This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Northgate is easily the most famous place to spend your weekends (and your money) here in College Station, TX. While I can’t say that I don’t enjoy a fun night out bar hopping with my besties, it can definitely grow old over time. This is why I’ve compiled a list of ways for you to spend your weekend evenings in Bryan-College Station that do not include Northgate.

Halo Bar

This is the perfect place to visit if you want to dance the night away to upbeat hits from every decade. It’s LQBTQ+ friendly, 18+, and offers an amazing, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who enters. They host drag shows every Friday and Saturday night, with the dance floor opening up to the crowd immediately after the performance! If you stop by on these nights, be sure to bring extra cash to tip the truly iconic queens during their shows. Thursday nights swap between karaoke, bingo, trivia, and amateur nights, so despite the day you’ll be in for a good time.

The 101

Are you a big fan of live music but haven’t found any shows in the area? Check out The 101! It’s a bar and live music venue in Downtown Bryan that’s open throughout the week. You’re likely to hear punk rock playing here, but keep an eye out on their socials to see who’s performing when. Events are also hosted here on occasion, some of the most recent being “Battle of the Bands” and “Punks With A Purpose” where the venue partners with organizations in the area. The outdoor seating makes it the perfect place for a chill evening outing and the crowd is always bringing the right vibes. 

Vintage Markets

The vintage scene in the area continues to grow as we see more and more events taking place throughout the city! If you love thrifting, shopping, and meeting cool people, this is definitely the scene for you. They are commonly hosted on the weekends and can range from early mornings to late nights. No matter what time it is, you’re bound to enjoy yourself. The easiest way to stay up to date about these pop-ups are to follow the small-business owners on their socials. Here’s a few Instagram accounts that might lead you to the next event: @ninthmarket, @bygonevtg, @trix_n_kicks, @thrift.dahan, @blofishtx, and @vint.station.

First Friday

On the first Friday of every month, there’s a large event hosted on the streets of Historic Downtown Bryan. There’s everything from live music and performances to vendors selling their goods. Many of the businesses in the area participate by offering discounts or their own performances and events. First Friday offers the perfect way to be a part of your community, and there’s something for everyone here! It takes place from 5:00-10:00 PM, so even if you have plans later that night you could still swing by beforehand!

Bryan-College Station has a lot to offer, and while it may be nerve-racking to try something new, it might also be exciting! Regardless of where you end up this weekend, remember that your new favorite spot may still be undiscovered.

Sarina Garcia is a member of the Social Media Committee at the Her Campus at TAMU chapter. She enjoys writing pieces regarding the lifestyle, beauty, and fashion of college students. She also loves relating her own experiences to the articles to allow a more personalized feeling to shine through. Sarina is a junior at Texas A&M, majoring in Communications with a minor in Business. She works as a Student Desk Coordinator for TAMU ResLife, where she manages physical assets. She is also a Student Ambassador for The Black Sheep Marketing Agency, where she works on-campus marketing campaigns with various companies and brands. Along with Her Campus, she is in a women’s organization, and was Social Chair for a freshman leadership organization her sophomore year. Her future plans consist of working in Public Relations, Marketing, or Media Management. When she has time to spare, Sarina enjoys working out, crocheting, and trying iced chai at new coffee shops. She is a true crime enthusiast and an avid Spotify Discover Weekly listener. She will never turn down a reason to dress up, loves being around friends and family, and will always have a pair of headphones or earbuds with her. Another source of her entertainment is participating in Rec Sports teams and fitness classes, her favorites being volleyball, softball, and HIIT.