Culture > News

Texas A&M versus Ole Miss: Let’s Pack Reed for the Last Regular Season Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, Texas, March 4, 2024 – The Texas A&M men’s Basketball team takes on the Ole Miss Rebels for their last regular season game of the 2023-24 National Collegiate Athletic Association – Men (NCAAM) season unless the Aggies pursue the March Madness tournament. The March Madness bracket will not be revealed until March 17th at 5 PM.

The Aggies have brought on a 7-9 record this season, with Wade Taylor IV leading the team. Wade Taylor IV averages about 18.2 points per game and spends about 32.7 minutes on the court out of the 40 regulation minutes. Texas A&M has had a rough season for the 2023-24 season. However, according to the NCAA team rankings, the Aggies currently hold third place for rebounds per game and first in offensive rebounds per game. 

Even though the men’s basketball team has not had their best season, ranking 10th in the SEC, the Aggies continue to Pack Reed. “Packing Reed,” starting out as memes across social media, has been a fun and encouraging experience to get the 12th man to appear at more games. Texas A&M senior, Caleb Morales, says, “Words can not explain it… it’s packed. Packing Reed is something I look forward to every game day, the energy is unmatched, and it’s hard to find words to describe the atmosphere there.” 

Therefore, Aggies, let’s gather together for the last official game of the 2023-24 regular season to cheer on our men’s basketball team at Reed Arena on Saturday, March 9th, 2024, at 1 PM.

Rylee Parker is a first-year member of Her Campus at Texas A&M University’s chapter. She is on the Public Relations and Events committees, where she helps create Her Campus merch, writes press releases, and helps with creating event ideas and planning them. She enjoys planning, as she is very organized, and creating fun and new ideas! Outside of Her Campus, Rylee grew up in a small-ish town in East Texas called Lufkin, Texas. She graduated from Hudson High School in 2021. Now Rylee furthers her education at Texas A&M University at College Station. Rylee is a junior pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Communication with a certificate in social media. She hopes to gain further knowledge including event coordinating and public relations. Once Rylee graduates from Texas A&M University in the Spring of 2025, she hopes to pursue a career in social media marketing or public relations. These areas have always been something of interest to her. Rylee’s hobbies include painting, drawing, photography, social media, reading, hosting gatherings, and hanging out with friends. She loves testing her creativity through her design process. You will always see Rylee out on the town enjoying life to the fullest potential.