Culture > News

Texas A&M To Award Over 5,000 Degrees

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

COLLEGE STATION, Dec 16th, 2022 – The December 2022 graduation ceremonies will be held Friday, December 16th, and Saturday, December 17th, for Texas A&M graduates. Approximately 5,428 degrees will be awarded to fall graduates at the various Texas A&M University commencement ceremonies. 

Here are the schedules for the commencements:

Friday, December 16th: Bachelor’s Degrees

• 9 AM – Undergraduates in Agriculture and Life Sciences, Undergraduates in Architecture, Undergraduates in Mays Business School, Undergraduates in Nursing, and Undergraduates in Public Health
  • 2 PM – Undergraduates in Bush School of Government and Public Service, Undergraduates in Engineering, and The Military Commissioning Ceremony
  • 7 PM – Undergraduates in Arts and Sciences, Undergraduates in Education and Human Development, and Undergraduates in Performance, Visualization, and Fine Arts 

Saturday, December 17th: Master’s and Doctoral Degree and Hooding Ceremony

• 9 AM – Graduate and Professional School Commencement 

For those unable to attend in person, family and friends may visit the official Texas A&M University website or visit the KAMU website for the live stream link. This is a great way for family members who cannot attend to support the seniors in their life as they make their final stride across the stage, opening the door to new and exciting chapters. 

In addition to this, the website also includes a “Frequently Asked Questions” section for additional tips surrounding celebrating the graduating Senior Class of 2022. It is best to plan for the ceremony to last up to 3 hours, although colleges may vary in specific length of ceremonies. Guest tickets are not required for attendance, and free parking is available in both the Reed Arena parking lot as well as Lot 100. Handicap-accessible spots in the Reed Arena lot are open for those who need ADA compliant parking on graduation day. 

Gig ‘em, Aggie Class of 2022, and congratulations on your huge achievement!

Susana is a senior Kinesiology major at Texas A&M University. She loves to travel and recently studied abroad in Croatia and Belgium with Mays Business School. Her favorite hobbies include volunteering at her local library, reading fantasy novels, and analyzing Taylor Swift's latest easter egg.