Life > Experiences

Fun Halloween Activities to Do in College Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you’re like me, a college student from south Texas whose favorite season is Autumn, it can be challenging trying to make the transition from Summer. The year before, I researched places and ideas in my college town that would help me get into the fall spirit. Here are my four suggestions for embracing the endless festive activities and atmosphere during this time of year!

Halloween Costumes

Whether it’s a group costume or you’re going solo, planning a Halloween costume that makes you comfortable and confident can be a fun project to get you pumped up for the holiday. There are numerous ideas on any social media platform including TikTok, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Carve or Paint Pumpkins

One of my favorite activities for the Fall is carving / painting pumpkins. This is an easy activity because it can be done anywhere and the materials such as paint, carving tools, and pumpkins are sold at almost every store. You can find materials for this at Target, H-E-B, Walmart, and the Dollar Store.

Haunted Houses

Personally, Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays, and makes the season of Fall so much more exciting. The scary decorations, costumes, and vibe around town give me such a good nostalgic feeling. In my opinion, one of the best ways to celebrate this holiday is to go to haunted houses, and luckily, College Station has a pretty great selection. Including Delusions Scream Park and Wicked Woods.

Delusion Scream Park is located at 11624 FM2549, Bryan, TX 77808, and Wicked Woods is located at 10436 N Dowling Rd, College Station, TX 77845.

Decorate

Lastly, decorate your living space! My roommates and I went to Home Goods and Target to pick up flannel blankets, pillows with scary images, bats to stick on the walls, candles that smell like cinnamon, and a couple of festive signs to hang around the house. It completely transformed the vibe of our apartment, making it way more cozy in honor of the change of season.  

Hannah Hubbard is a Junior communications major at Texas A&M from Angleton, Texas. Reading and writing have always been a big part of her life, which was a leading factor in why she joined Her Campus during her freshman year! She is a second-year member who is a part of the events committee. In the events committee, she organizes social events for members. Hannah has also been a part of the writing and editing committee and has written thirteen articles. Beyond Her Campus, Hannah Is extremely focused on academics. She is a part of the pre-law Society at Texas A&M and hopes to use the organization's opportunities to pursue her future career. Hannah hopes to go to Law school after graduating from Texas A&M to pursue a career in public policy or something similar. She also hopes to be able to publish a book and still incorporate reading and writing into her life for fun. In her free time, Hannah enjoys listening to music, reading, karaoke, drinking matcha, and hanging out with her friends and family. Hannah loves animals and has five dogs, twenty cows, two donkeys, and a cat back home. Her comfort book is “Better Than The Movies” by Lynn Painter, and she recommends it to any fellow avid romance book reader. Hannah also enjoys traveling and hopes to experience more parts of the world one day.