This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, Texas, February 24, 2024 – Alpha Omicron Pi, a sorority at TAMU, is holding their annual philanthropy event, Spike Out Arthritis, on March 2, 2024 from 1-4pm. It will be held at Brian Bachman Sand and Volleyball Court and Pavilion in College Station, TX.

“Spike Out Arthritis is a 4v4 sand volleyball tournament open to anyone in College Station to play or attend,” says Hannah Johnston ’24, the Director of Philanthropy for AOII. “Teams may have 4-6 players but only 4 will play at one time. Teams may be co-ed, and contain non-Texas A&M students. Previously, we have even had some TAMU men’s volleyball players come out and play!”

This exciting tournament isn’t just for fun, but for the benefit of a great charity, too!

“All proceeds from this event will go to benefit The Arthritis Foundation. The Arthritis Foundation is focused on advancing arthritis research, advocacy, and disease management. Arthritis is the nation’s leading cause of disability; more than 50 million adults and 300,000 children in the United States have some form of this disease,” states Johnston.

AOII Chapter President Brooke Coggins ’24 is highly anticipating this year’s Spike Out. “I’m so excited for the entire chapter to hang out together and serve a purpose that we all care about so deeply! I love being surrounded by my sisters and seeing everyone’s smiling faces,” says Coggins. “In the past years, I have liked how many people come out and support.”

When asked why the average TAMU student should go to Spike Out, President Coggins said “it’s like the certified best way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Sand volleyball is super fun, and if you don’t like playing, it’s a really exciting sport to watch! We’re all ready for some sunshine and warmer weather, and it’s honestly the perfect way to get ready for spring and summertime!”

If you want to make a few spikes during Spike Out, it costs $90 to make a team for up to 6 players. With this, all team members receive the ability to play, a tank top, food, drink, and raffle tickets! However, if playing volleyball isn’t quite your thing, spectator tickets are $10 and include food and drink. Five raffle tickets are available for $5. Finally, if you can’t make it to Spike Out, AOII accepts donations without the purchase of tickets for any amount.

You can purchase tickets and make donations at this CrowdChange link (tickets will not be sold the day of), and follow the SpikeOut Instagram at @aggieaoii_spikeout. We can’t wait to Spike Out Arthritis on March 2!

Allison McGregor is a member of the Texas A&M University chapter of Her Campus. Even though most of her pieces are about personal experiences, she also updates on current events around CSTAT. Beyond Her Campus, Allison is an engineering student at TAMU. She hopes to major in chemical engineering and, she is a newly-inducted member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChe). Allison also has experience working at Chick-Fil-A. When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus, Allison is either listening to music (likely Taylor Swift or Fall Out Boy), writing poetry, or texting her family. Allison is a Navy brat who calls Chesapeake, Virginia home, and a lot of her unusual life experiences will find their way into her articles. She considers herself the second biggest fan of Coca-Cola, next to her mom. They're both kind of bummed that TAMU is a Pepsi campus.