This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

COLLEGE STATION, Oct 22, 2022 – If you live in the Bryan-College Station area, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Songfest. Songfest is Texas A&M’s largest greek philanthropy event that has been hosted by Chi Omega for the last 44 years. It is a two night, three performance event that consists of elaborate choreographed dance numbers, intricate costumes, themes, and props. It is a competition between sororities, women’s organizations, men’s organizations, and even Squadrons from the Corp of Cadets. What are they competing for? Money for their chosen philanthropies. 

The mission of Songfest is to “unite thousands of Aggies for a common goal of selfless service and enrichment in the community.” Performing in this event will be 32 student organizations, with 16 performances as each student organization is paired up. Last year, the Texas A&M chapter of Delta Gamma and One Army, a men’s organization, got 1st place. The prize was $15,000 to go towards their philanthropies – Still Creek Ranch and Service for Sight. Songfest as an event raised $227,200.96 for dozens of philanthropies. 

This year’s Songfest will be on November 11th and 12th in Rudder Auditorium on Texas A&M’s campus. Act fast if you want to attend this event, as tickets have already sold out for both Saturday performances. If you aren’t able to attend, you can still support this event by buying a raffle ticket. Enter for a chance to win either a Diamond Station Necklace or TUDOR 1926 Watch from David Gardner’s Jewelers. For more information, you can visit the Songfest website or follow their Instagram @songfest2022. 

Susana is a senior Kinesiology major at Texas A&M University. She loves to travel and recently studied abroad in Croatia and Belgium with Mays Business School. Her favorite hobbies include volunteering at her local library, reading fantasy novels, and analyzing Taylor Swift's latest easter egg.