This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Courtney Lane is a senior Communications major at Texas A&M and a talented member of the Her Campus Texas A&M staff. With her obvious charisma, humor, and great writing talent, she is an unstoppable force that is sure to leave you in admiration. There is never a time that we don’t catch ourselves laughing with her or at her article posts online. Her Campus Texas A&M’s Member of the Month for September is Courtney Lane!

Her Campus Texas A&M: What has this last year with Her Campus Texas A&M been like for you?

Courtney Lane: Being a part of Her Campus has really surprised me because when I applied, my only goal was to boost my resume. Through joining Her Campus, I’ve met some great people, and I would like to think I’ve found something that I’m pretty good at.

HC TAMU: What would you say is your favorite memory so far?

Lane: Definitely the second meeting I attended because I was told about the response my first article about Chilliest had received. That was the moment I felt that I had earned my place within the staff. The Her Campus Tour is a close second. I really enjoyed getting to know so many girls and making their day full of classes a little more fun with the booths of free items and games.

HC TAMU: You have a growing number of published content and online article views after only a small amount of time being on our team. What drives you to be such a contributing member of our staff?

Lane: I don’t think I would’ve found the success that I have with Her Campus if I wasn’t allowed to include my own attitude in my writing. The fact that we are allowed to write about what we want (within limits) and are somewhat uncensored is what makes me enjoy it. I definitely have a distinct personality, and I think anybody that knows me personally would say it comes through in my articles.

Her Campus Texas A&M: Do you have any hobbies?

Lane: I spend most of my time with my dog, but I also like to go to the gun range. I’ve recently started getting into craft beer. What an exciting life I live.

Her Campus Texas A&M: If you could meet one person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?

Lane: I don’t think I would meet anyone new, but rather, spend a day with my Papaw. I have a feeling that he and my Memaw are proud of me, but I would like to hear it from them.

Her Campus Texas A&M: What do you want people to know about you that they do not know already?

Lane: I don’t have many secrets, but a lot of people don’t realize one thing. I’m naturally a brunette.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.