This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Get ready, Ags! Chilifest is just around the corner. This year, the music festival has got a lineup that includes artists like Reckless Kelly, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Cody Johnson! Never been to Chilifest? Put your mind at ease because your friends at Her Campus Texas A&M have got you covered! Here is a 10-step Guide to Chilifesting

1. Practice

Drink. A lot. I’m drunk right now.

2. But don’t drink so much on Friday

Because you want to make it to Saturday, don’t you? 

3. Don’t like country music?

Doesn’t matter, you have three days to learn the performer’s most mainstream songs. Get busy.

4. Cowboy boots only

Do I need to explain myself?

5. As a matter of fact, don’t wear anything you care about

Last year, I bought a cute t-shirt and wore it to Chilifest, don’t make this mistake.

6. Port-a-potties

We all hate them, but we all need them. Just prepare yourself.

7. Buddy system

You’re going to lose them, but have a buddy anyways.

8. MIP? Not for me!

If you get caught in a mishap, challenge the cop to a game of rock paper scissors. It’s not guaranteed to work, but he may laugh. Or arrest you. It’s a toss-up.

9. In all seriousness, one person is always carried away on a stretcher.

Don’t let it be you.

10. Disclaimer:

It’s very important to always be aware and in control of yourself at Chilifest. Thankfully, the event staff take safety and security very seriously. Drive sober and most importantly have fun! Long-live the Aggie Tradition that is Chilifest.

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown