This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

I plan to live an exciting life. 

The one that you have a million stories about and that you can tell strangers to inspire them. There is just one small problem. Where do I even start?

Every year I try to reorganize my bucket list. I find myself scratching off things that don’t seem important or impressive. It makes zero sense why I am doing it, but all of these goals matter. Like relearning how to ride a bike, and eating all three meals to the big ones like running a marathon and traveling the world. Some goals are further in the future, but that doesn’t mean I can’t work on some now. So I have decided to start with exercising and eating healthy.

Recently, I have tried to go running at least once a week. It’s been a while since I have been able to run and have the time to do it consistently. Right now I am only doing 2 miles (mostly walking) every Tuesday. Online school has been overwhelming, but I am attempting to block out times so that I can put my health first. I plan to slowly add more time and incorporate strength training as well. It has been a long time since I have been active, which is why I am taking it slow and listening to my body. 

I also want to start eating healthier. That doesn’t mean that I am counting calories or saying no to fast food. It does mean that I want to eat all three meals of the day and fuel my body with nutrients. There are not a lot of options when it comes to a small budget, and I don’t have a car to constantly buy groceries. However, I have been on the search for vegetarian recipes on TikTok and Pinterest. This food journey means that I will have to try food that I have never had before, but I am trying to be open-minded. I have a lot of help from friends who have sent me a few recipes. 

With all of my big plans, I have stumbled across some motivational videos. One is that you are going to wake up one morning and magically be your dream self. You have to actively practice being that person. That is why I am fitting in time to go running and trying to find new delicious recipes. There is also the video that says “I deserve to be happy.” I think that society has spread this idea that if we put in all the work and sacrifice time for ourselves now, in the future, we can have everything we dreamed of. By why can’t we have it now? If I am putting all of this hard work and time into school, why shouldn’t I do the same for myself? So starting now, I am going to start living this dream life of mine. One where I am being active, eating the foods that I want, and looking good all at the same time. 

I’ll try to keep you all updated on my journey, but until then: wish me luck!

I'm Gabby - Events Director of Her Campus TAMU. I'm part of the class of 2023, majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies (with a minor in Film). I am dreaming of traveling the world, making movies, and reading books.