Culture > News

Fusion: A Free Concert And Art Sale Supporting BCS Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

COLLEGE STATION, Nov 11th, 2022 – TAMU ARTISTS (Artists Reaching Together In Spirit, Truth, and Salvation) will be hosting their semesterly Fusion, a free concert and art sale benefitting BCS Together, on November 12th from 6-10 pm. It will be held at Fidelis Creative Agency, which is next to Aggieland Outfitters on George Bush Drive. Previous Fusions have benefitted various local charities, including Twin City Mission, Save Our Streets Ministries, Hope Pregnancy, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. 

TAMU ARTISTS is “a community that exists to glorify God through creative endeavors”. Kayla Hoover, an executive member of TAMU ARTISTS, explains what the organization means to her: “It is a family that supports and helps each other grow. There is no jealousy or comparison, just encouragement and expression of how proud and impressed we are with one another.”

The mission of BCS Together is to “partner with the Church and community to tangibly support kids and families in the foster care system while advocating to keep the biological family together.” The charity offers four areas of support, including the Closet, which is stocked with immediate needs for child care (diapers, toys, clothing, and car seats), and various connections and support for foster families. 

Emily Neymeyer, another executive member of ARTISTS, states that the organization loves working with BCS Together and that it is “such a honor for [ARTISTS] to be able to use our giftings in a way that directly supports the community and our future generation.”

Members of the community can support TAMU ARTISTS and BCS Together by attending the free event and purchasing original art work. The art work is all made by members and includes paintings, drawings, photography, woodworking, and embroidery. Other members perform music and poetry, and the set list consists of 10 acts. 

“Being able to support local charities brings [ARTISTS] out of our college bubble and allows us to connect with and serve our community in a way that we typically aren’t able to”, Neymeyer stated. 

For more information regarding TAMU ARTISTS, you can visit their website here

Susana is a senior Kinesiology major at Texas A&M University. She loves to travel and recently studied abroad in Croatia and Belgium with Mays Business School. Her favorite hobbies include volunteering at her local library, reading fantasy novels, and analyzing Taylor Swift's latest easter egg.