alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Definitive Ranking of the Best 5 Apartment Pools in College Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Pool season is upon us, and that means sunscreen, tan lines, and sunshine! Here is a list of the top five pools for college students in College Station, Texas:

1. The Cottages, located on Cottage Lane and Holleman Drive S, is the most popular pool amongst undergrads in College Station. From the beach-style entry pool to the sandy “seaside” area, the Cottages pool wins first place.

Pros: beach style entry, resort style pool, in-pool seating and table, rinse-off station, sand volleyball court, and hammocks

Cons: easily overcrowded, limited entry, limited parking, and limited beach chairs

Subjective: party atmosphere

2. Z Islander is a close second to the Cottages. Located on Wellborn Road, Z Islander has been a favorite with A&M students since it was first built in 2009.

Pros: beach style entry, spacious, live music on the weekends during “pool season,” pool basketball hoop, water volleyball, cabanas, and overall beachy atmosphere

Cons: sometimes overcrowded

Subjective: party atmosphere

3. Campus Village is home to the only lazy river in College Station. Campus Village’s pool area is a personal favorite due to it’s large outdoor screen, lazy river, and stand-up pool area. It has two entrances: one off Harvey Mitchell Parkway S and one off Southwest Parkway.

Pros: lazy river, rock waterfall, hot tub, sand volleyball court, and plenty of beach chairs

Cons: limited inner tubes, limited entry, and limited parking (yes, they tow)

Subjective: party atmosphere

4. The Woodlands also has two entrances (the same two as Campus Village). The Woodlands pool is a great median between “party pool” and “relaxing pool,” which makes it my number one personal favorite.

Pros: two-level pool, sand volleyball court, plenty of beach chairs, and plenty of parking

Cons: limited entry

Subjective: between party pool and relaxing pool

5. Lastly, there’s the Parkway Place pool. Located off Harvey Mitchell Parkway S, Parkway Place is a great place to kickback and relax. The pool design is enjoyable, and because it’s low profile, you don’t have to worry about anyone bothering you.

Pros: two-level pool, great place to relax, plenty of privacy, plenty of beach chairs

Cons: least popular

Subjective: not a party atmosphere

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.