Some of you may have forgotten— while others are trying oh-so hard to forget— but Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Exactly one week stands between sharing a concrete, intimate moment with your loved one, and while you struggle to figure out what to do for that day, Cupid’s got you covered! Here are 8 ideas for the perfect date:
- Martha’s Bloomers Although reservation need to be made in advance, Martha’s Bloomers has a tea room/cafe that is the perfect spot for an afternoon lunch date! Their menu offers a variety of lunch items like specialty sandwich plates, salads, and wraps. Martha’s Bloomers will also be hosting a Valentines Day dinner and will start taking reservations Feb 14 at 6 p.m., so make that happen people!
- Picnic at Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater After a long day at school, a stroll around the park followed by a surprise picnic for two is sure to put a smile on their face! Gingham blankets cloaking the green grass, weighed down by wooden baskets and throw pillows create a scene that is truly Instagram-worthy. If you don’t know how to pack a picnic basket, take a look at this step-by-step infographic!
- Ice Skating at Spirit Ice ArenaRight across the street from the park is another option for the liveliest of couples! If you’re not afraid to embarrass yourself in front of your BF/GF, go ice skating at Spirit Ice Arena. Throughout the month of February, they will be hosting Date Night Thursdays, where two are the price of one!
- Spa Day A Healing Touch Massage & Spa and Galleria Day Spa offer couple massages, but The French Door Salon & Spa and Riviera Salon and Day Spa are currently holding Valentine packages! Get your loved one the gift of relaxation or book a couples massage!
- Cozy Night In Since we’re expecting rain this Valentines in College Station (surprise, surprise!), a night in would be a great idea. Think indoor picnic with string lights, baked goods, and a nice home cooked meal! Bundle up together and watch as many coming-of-age movies you can think of!
- Traditional Movie DateBut if you’d prefer to go out, you can never go wrong with a movie date. The movie listing for Feb 14 at our local Cinemark includes La La Land, and Hidden Figures. You could also opt for Fifty Shades Darker, if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Benjamin Knox Gallery Experience art that displays Aggieland’s beauty with a glass of wine at Benjamin Knox Gallery! This quirky venue gives a romantic feel after sunset, with its globe string bistro lights hanging across the patio.
- Take a tour of Messina Hof Winery Speaking of wine… You could visit Messina Hof Winery for a tour of their wine cellar. Guests are invited to taste test and dine at their restaurant for any special occasion.